Coinciding with the 30th Anniversary of the Capital Market Re-Activation in Indonesia, Surabaya Stock Exchange was merged into Jakarta Stock Exchange. This merger created a new entity in Indonesia’s capital market, namely Indonesia Stock Exchange.
In the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders held on 30th October 2007, all shareholders of both Exchanges have agreed to the merger planning and the forming of Indonesia Stock Exchanges (IDX). The legitimizations of the legal aspect and the company’s articles of association by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of Indonesia have been completed. Thus, effective on the 1st December 2007, Indonesia Stock Exchange will act as a single Bourse that facilitates equities, fixed incomes, and derivative instruments trading. The existence of this Bourse will certainly strengthen our capital market and attract more people to invest in Indonesia.
We also believe that this merger will improve Indonesia’s market efficiency. Since Indonesia Stock Exchange facilitates all market segments, securities firms and issuers will only need to be listed in one Bourse. IDX will also have an integrated trading infrastructure that facilitates all the traded instruments. As a result, our market capitalization will certainly grow and be able to compete in regional scale. With this merger, we hope to establish a stronger capital market that could serve as an alternative investment and act as a mirror of the national economy.
One important aspect that we are facing right now is the information distribution to the capital market participants and public community. If in the past, the information were distributed through two Bourses, now IDX will become the central of all information distribution and disclosures. For that reason, we will gradually unite the information available in the two Bourses’ Websites into the Indonesia Stock Exchange’s Website.
To achieve this purpose, we need to make some adjustments, such as the unison of two infrastructures, systems, databases, contents, and other additional features. This process will definitely takes time. So, with deep gratitude, we kindly hope that users of our website could understand if, currently, this transitional website is far from what they might have expected.
HR Specialist (S-UPSDM)
- Planning and facilitating the implementation of learning & development activities, carrying out recruitment activities, management of performance management.
- Maximum age 25-30 years
- Minimum S1 from reputable university with GPA min 3.00 (scale 4)
- 3-5 years experience in the field of human resource development
- Mastering the aspects of HR Management (hire – Retire)
- Able to work in multitasking
- Able to work in teams
- Strong interpersonal skills are good
Head of Capital Market Information Center (PIPM)
(Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- Provide capital markets information to stakeholder in specified area by conducting public education events, maintain good relationship with all stakeholders (government, business alliances, universities, investors, potential investors, public companies), and supervise all operational office in the area.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree / Post Graduate Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Capital market, communication (presentation skill).
- Required language(s): English.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Coordinator/Supervisors specializing in Finance – Corporate Finance/Investment/Merchant Banking or equivalent. Job role in Investor Relations or Stockbroking.
- 1 Full-Time positions available.
Qualified candidates will be notified. If you feel that you are the person we’re looking for, simply send your CV to :
PT Bursa Efek Indonesia
(Indonesia Stock Exchange)
IDX Building, Tower I, 6th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Phone : +6221 515 0515
Fax : +6221 515 0050